Wychwood Festival is an annual music festival held at Cheltenham racecourse in Gloucestershire, UK. As well as music, the family-friendly three-day festival includes workshops, comedy, the Children’s Literature Festival, and a Headphone Disco.
Camping at Wychwood Festival
The camping experience at Wychwood allows you to enjoy the views of Cheltenham Racecourse and the surrounding area which are stunning. With lots of space to spread out you can really enjoy the experience. The general camping field is slightly closer to the festival area than the family area, but both are great, there are plenty of toilets/showers/water taps on site and different areas to camp in to suit your needs.
Wychwood provide bag drop off areas throughout the campsite, so you just drive to your pitch unload and then you move your car to the car park.
Live music at Wychwood Festival
There was a wide variety of great music and something for all tastes. Plenty of room to dance, enjoy the music and even get up to the front of the crowd.
Our live music highlights were…
Sophie Ellis-Bextor!, The Levellers., Boney M And the Undertones
You can see the full festival line up here. https://wychwoodfestival.com/line-up/2022/Main-Stage
Family activities at Wychwood Festival
The festival is packed full of family activities to enjoy throughout the weekend. Our Smiley-Haves Stand was full all day and at night the new Glow in the dark products were a smashing hit. Check out the new festival products here https://smileyhalves.com/product-category/feastival-fun/ Other activities included Circus & Street Theatre, Arts and Crafts, Performance and storytelling and of course enough music, singing and dancing to keep parents and kids busy for weeks.
Food at Wychwood Festival
A wide variety of food stalls representing all corners of the world- crepes, noodles, fish & chips, Mexican and Jamaican! We managed to try most of it and found it all to be delicious.
Toilet facilities at Wychwood Festival
The team worked to keep the facilities spotless and well stocked with loo roll. And for those who require VIP then check out the special section that had the luxury loos.
Hint & Tips for the Festival
Wychwooders can drive right into the campsite with their belongings, you don’t want to be lugging around any bags that aren’t essential to your weekend! Try to only bring items that you can take home at the end of the weekend.
Check your tickets before you leave home.
When packing for the festival, don’t pack any high value items if you can help it. Festivals are safe but there is no reason to tempt fate!
Festival Core Items:
- Your tickets
- Sleeping bag
- Air bed/camping bed/roll mat (whatever your preference!)
- Warm clothes (whilst summer is here it does start to get chilly at night!)
- Sun tan lotion
- Your favourite hat
- Toiletries, toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant, etc
- A Towel, if you want to have a shower – make sure you don’t forget this one!
- Anti-bacterial gel, we know you’ve got this at home!
- Money (we’ll be taking card payments across the site this year but you’ll need £10 in cash for your Headphone Disco deposit!)
- Medication if required
- Bin Bags for rubbish
- Portable phone charger
Don’t take items:
- Glass: Any glass found will generally be confiscated.
- Excess waste: Please make sure to dispose of excess waste before you arrive at the festival.
- Dogs: Most Feastivals can only allow assistance dogs onto the festival site.
- Strictly no solid fuel fires, barbeques or stoves allowed. Small gas cooking appliances only to be used within camping areas.
If you are celebrating a special occasion at Wychwood this year, drop us a line at [email protected] and we’ll do our best to give you a shout out.